Read in this issue
- Jordan - New Requirements for Trademarks Applications
- West Bank - Infringement Against Trademark "Durra & Device"
- West Bank - Opposition Against ZAHI
Please select choose your desired issue
- Our client has prior registrations for "Durra" in class 30 in their home country and abroad since 11 December 2001.
- The opposed applications are identical to our client's trademark, and will confuse the consumers as to the origins of the products.
- Our client also has prior use of the subject trademark in the same class in Syria and worldwide.
- Based on the above reasons, our client's trademark has become a famous trademark amongst their client base and the public.
- The opposition was submitted during the legal opposition period for that mark.
- The Syrian company submitted evidence that they own the trademark since 2001 (in their home country and worldwide), and that date is before the date of submitting the opposed application.
- The defendant did not submit any evidence to prove their prior ownership of "Durra".
- A trademark being accepted and published in the Official Gazette does not grant ownership of that trademark according to the law.
|< Prev||Next >|